1) "I am a sick man.. I am a spiteful
man. I am a most unpleasant man."
2) "Yes, sir, an intelligent man in the nineteenth century must be, is morally obliged to be, principally
a characterless creature; a man possessing character, a man of action, is fundamentally a limited creature."
3) ".the most intense pleasures
occur in despair.."
in its disgusting, stinking underground, our offended, crushed, and ridiculed mouse immediately plunges
into cold, malicious, and, above all, everlasting spitefulness."
5) "Then the crystal palace will be built."
6) "One's very own free, unfettered desire, one's own whim, no matter how wild, one's own fantasy, even
though sometimes roused to the point of madness-all this constitutes precisely that previously omitted,
most advantageous advantage which isn't included under any classification and because of which all systems
and theories are constantly smashed to smithereens."
7) ".it's only reason.."
".I was her savior and she loved me more than anything in the world."
9) "It also occurred to my overwrought brain that now our roles were completely reversed.."
10) ".I've only taken to an extreme
that which you haven't even dared to take halfway.."