1) Huck, referring to Miss Watson: "
she was going to live so as to go to the good place."
2) Huck's pap, rejecting his son's educational pursuits: "Who told you you might meddle with such hifalut'n
describing the escape nature provides him: "It was kind of lazy and jolly, laying off comfortable all
day, smoking and fishing, and no books nor study."
4) Huck's pap, criticizing the government for allowing blacks to vote: "And they call that govment."
5) Huck admits that Jim "had an
uncommon level head, for a nigger."
6) Jim's "King Sollermun."
7) Huck, referring to the king and duke: "these liars warn't no kings nor dukes, at all, but just low-down
humbugs and frauds."
admits about Jim: "I do believe he cared just as much for his people as white folks does for their'n."
10) Huck, referring to Jim: "I knowed
he was white inside."