1) "I have as much of my father in me
as you, albeit I confess your coming before me is earer to his reverence."
Act 1, Scene 1, Lines 49-51
Orlando tells his older brother Oliver when he is expressing
his unfairness at the situation.
2) "You know my father hath no child but I, nor none is like to have; and truly, when he dies, thou
shalt be his heir; for what he hath taken away from thy father perforce, I will render thee again in
Act 1, Scene 2,
Rosalind she doesn't need to worry about not having an inheritance.
3) "Yet your mistrust can not make me a traitor."
Act 1, Scene 3, Line 59
Rosalind says to Duke Frederick when
he banishes her.
"Master go on, and I will follow thee To the last gasp with truth and loyalty."
Act 2, Scene 3, Lines 70-71
5) "If thou rememb'rest not the slightest folly That
ever love did make thee run into, Thou hast not loved."
Act 2, Scene 4, Lines 33-35
Silvius speaking wise words on love.
6) "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely players."
Act 2, Scene 7, Lines 146-147
Jaques talking to Duke Senior and his men.
7) "Who ever loved that loved not at first sight?"
Act 3, Scene 5, Line 87
talking about her love for Ganymede
8) ".no sooner met but they looked, no sooner looked but they loved, no sooner loved but they sighed,
no sooner sighed but they asked one another the reason, no sooner the reason but they sought the remedy;
and in these degrees have they made a pair of stairs to marriage, which they will climb incontinent,
or else be incontinent before marriage. They are in the very wrath of love, and they will together."
Act 5, Scene 2, Lines 34-42
Rosalind tells Orlando about Celia
9) "I do remember
in this shepherd boy Some lively touches of my daughters favor."
Act 5, Scene 4, Lines 27-28
Duke Senior says about Rosalind in disguise.
10) "You and you no cross shall part You and you are heart in heart To you your love must accord Or
have a woman to your lord You and you are sure together As the winter to foul weather"
Act 5, Scene 4, Lines 136-141
Hymen talking to the married couples.