1. "She has brown hair, and speaks small like a woman." Act 1, scene 1
Slender speaking about Anne Page.
2. "I will marry her, sir, at your request: but if there be no great love in the beginning, yet heaven may decrease it upon better acquaintance, when we are married." Act 1, scene 1
Slender speaks to Shallow, regarding his prospective marriage to Anne Page.
3. "Here will be an old abusing of God's patience and the King's English." Act 1, scene 4
Mistress Quickly, speaking about the bad English of Dr. Caius.
4. "Why, then the world's mine oyster,
Which I with sword will open." Act 2, scene 2
Pistol speaks to Falstaff after Falstaff refuses to lend him money.
5. "If money go before, all ways do lie open." Act 2, scene 2
Ford to Falstaff when he is about to offer Falstaff money to seduce Mrs. Ford.
6. "O, what a world of vile ill-favour'd faults
Looks handsome in three hundred pounds a year!" Act 3, scene 4
Anne Page speaking of Slender, her father's choice of husband for her.
7. "If I be served such another trick, I'll have my brains ta'en out, and buttered, and give them to a dog for a new year's gift." Act 3, scene 5
Falstaff's reflections on being dumped into the Thames in a dirty linen basket.
8. "I have a kind of alacrity in sinking." Act 3, scene 5
Falstaff, still reflecting on his ducking, referring to his great physical bulk.
9. "This is the third time; I hope good luck lies in odd numbers. . . . There is divinity in odd numbers, either in nativity, chance or death." Act 5, scene 1
Falstaff hopes for good luck on his third attempt to seduce Mrs. Ford.
10. "I do begin to perceive that I am made into an ass." Act 5, scene 5
In Windsor Park, Falstaff finally realizes that he is the victim of a trick.